Wednesday 22 November 2017

大阪が面白いかもしれない。Perhaps Osaka is interesting after all.

Image result for osaka

Osaka has always played second fiddle to Kyoto. Kyoto has the Golden Temple, Kiomizudera, Gion and all the famous stuff. Osaka doesn't. If you asked me ten years ago what I thought of Osaka, I would have said grey. But I didn't know anything.
I still don't know anymore first hand, as the only experience I've had of Osaka since I visited in 1983 was an hour in the train station.
Osaka does in fact, have a great deal to offer. Especially if you like a decent nosh (and you're not gluten intolerant). Osaka is famous for its okonomiyaki, takoyaki, and lots of other things, usually using flour.
Image result for osaka
Ingrid Williams of the (not failing) New York Times gives you a rundown of how to fill 36 hours in Japan's second biggest city. (They say Yokohama is, but seriously, Tokyo and Yokohama have fused, and are one.)  
She had me at Michelin star yakitori. Love yakitori. 
She had a great weekend with late night drinks, early fun times, coffee,  souvenir shopping, and generally immersing herself in the culture.
I wanna go. 

MakeSenseは英語編集作業、翻訳をする会社で北海道札幌を中心に活動しています。私たちは様々なタイプの翻訳(個人、医療、工業、ホテル観光産業、レストランのメニュー等あらゆるものに対応できます。1語7円または、最低コスト500円で素早く、正確です。
info@make-sense.net 

No comments:

Post a Comment