Monday 16 April 2018

写真で英語の文法と単語うを習う #4 - Garage house rollercoaster

Welcome to the Make Sense blog. What we're going to do here is learn English vocab through photos, taken by myself in the beginning, or with submissions from you beautiful people out there.

I will explain the photo, then break down my explanation in English and Japanese. If you have any questions, please ask. I have also included the phonetics to help pronunciation. I also explain it via Youtube.

This house is in Wellington, New Zealand. The house owners park their cars at the bottom of the hill. The house sits on top of the hill. They park their cars, then ride the railcar to the top of the hill.
It seems to be very inconvenient. The wind often blows a gale in Wellington, and when I was there it was raining too. The view looks out over Wellington Harbour, and is very beautiful I think.
If I lived there, I would always remember to do all my shopping, and I would try not to forget anything. I wouldn't need to worry about unwanted visitors. I guess every cloud has a silver lining.

単語

hill (/hɪl/), noun: a naturally raised area of land, not as high or craggy as a mountain
日本語:
In Japan, many mountains would actually be called hills overseas.

railcar (/ˈreɪlkɑː/), noun:
a powered railway passenger vehicle designed to operate singly or as part of a multiple unit
日本語:電動車 
The railcar in the picture is very hard to describe. Railcar is the best word I could think of.

gale(/ɡeɪl/), noun: a very strong wind
日本語:暴風

every cloud has a silver lining, proverb: every difficult or sad situation has a comforting or more hopeful aspect, even though this may not be immediately apparent
日本語:すべての雲は銀の裏地を持っています


文法 
現在形 - present simple

The present simple is used for two main things. The first is when you are talking fact. Something that is always true(事実). The second is talking about some which happens repeatedly, time and time again.(習慣)

The house owners park their cars at the bottom of the hill (習慣)
The house sits on top of the hill. (事実)

They park their cars, then ride the railcar to the top of the hill. (習慣、習慣)

The wind often blows a gale in Wellington. (習慣)
The view looks out over Wellington Harbour, and is very beautiful I think. (事実)
If I lived there, I would always remember to do all my shopping (習慣)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment